Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes, Part B

The second part of the Nursery Rhymes unit was really fun to read. I've always loved reading stories that rhyme! I particularly like the Natural History stories. I liked how there were many short stories only about eight lines long that rhymed and then they were all put together in the Natural History unit. In my own story I want to write about ten short stories that all have a common theme. And all of the stories need to rhyme. I have never written a story that has rhymed before so this will be a new challenge for me. I'm thinking my theme will be something that has to do with natural history. Such as writing  stories about nature, like the sky, the woods, and the ocean for example. Then for the history component I could write about the seasons and how each season such as fall, winter, spring, 
and summer effect these natural places. I think one of the challenging parts will be creating a story that is only ten or so lines. However, I think its going to be a fun challenge that I'm ready to explore.







Bibliography: The Nursery Rhyme Book edited by Andrew Lang and illustrated by L. Leslie Brooke. Link to Reading.

Comments

Popular Posts