Extra Credit Reading Notes: English Fairy Tales, Part A

This week I decided to do some extra credit reading notes. One thing I really enjoy about this class is all the different genres and stories we are exposed to and get the opportunity to explore. For this extra credit reading I decided to read the English Fairy Tales Unit. I thought the first section of this unit was really fun to read. One story that really stood out to me was "The Three Little Pigs." Growing up I always liked reading this story as a child and now as an "adult" it was nice to go back and read this version. I like how this version started with "once upon a time" which gives the story a fairy tale feel. For my own story I plan on having my three little pigs instead of building houses they will be bakers who must make delicious deserts. The wolf will be the owner of the best restaurant in town who is interviewing the pigs and trying their best deserts. Further, the pig who has the best desert will win the job of head desert chef. As well as in the original story, my third pig will have the best desert, however the wolf is a greedy owner and tries to steel the third pigs recipe. The third pig will have to out smart the wolf if he wants to keep his recipes and his life.



Bibliography: English Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs with illustrations by John D. Batten (1890). Link to the Reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts