Reading Notes: King Arthur, Part B

The second part of the King Arthur unit was a great read and was very interesting! There were many stories that I enjoyed reading from this part, and one of them was called "The Adventure of the Sir Bors." Like I said from the previous reading notes, I really want to incorporate dialogue into my own story. This story had a lot of good dialogue material which gives me a good example to follow when I write my own story. Further, In my story I want to keep the same theme of a quest which is from the original story. An adventure story is always really fun to write and it gives me the opportunity to fully utilize my imagination. I like how this story used an all knowing voice which helped the main character stay on a true  and noble path. I think I want to use that same idea in my own story, but instead of a voice I'm going to use a symbol. For example, a white dove will appear to my main character in times of internal conflict and hopefully the white dove will be a sign to stay on the noble path. Also, I plan on bringing my story into a more modern time which I will do with the setting of my story and the type of language I use in my dialogue between my characters.



Bibliography: King Arthur: Tales of the Round Table by Andrew Lang and illustrated by H. J. Ford. Link to Reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts