Reading Notes: King Arthur, Part A

For this week I explored the European units and I decided to read the King Arthur Unit. I very much enjoyed reading the stories in this unit. One in particular I enjoyed reading  was "The Sword of Excalibur."  I feel like I would be able to create a really interesting story from The Sword of Excalibur. One thing I really liked about this story that I want to incorporate into my own story is dialogue between my characters. I want my story to have multiple characters interchanging dialogue, because I feel like the reader will feel more part of the story. Adding something like dialogue gives your story another dimension and I feel like it makes it more interactive with the reader. I plan on making my main character girl, named Avery instead of Arthur. Also, Instead of merlin I want to incorporate more of a fairy god mother character. I am very excited to use magic as a key element in my story. This gives me lots of options of where my story goes and allows me to really use my imagination when I develop this story.



Bibliography: King Arthur: Tales of the Round Table by Andrew Lang and illustrated by H. J. Ford. Link to Reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts