Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes, Part A

This week I was excited to see that we were still working on the British and Celtic topics. I decided to explore the Nursery Rhymes unit, which I found very entertaining as well as a little nostalgic. One set of stories that I really enjoyed reading were the riddles stories. One thing I found interesting about these stories was there structure. They are written in a type of prose form that normally always rhymes, which is something I'm going to try to do in my own story. Even though this is way out of my comfort zone. I do think it will be fun coming up with a story that I can only tell in words that rhyme! I also what to incorporate the theme of Humpty Dumpty into my own story. I remember as a child listening to and singing this riddle. I perhaps will use a different type of food or object to inspire my main character, just like in Humpty Dumpty. Lastly, I want to tell my story as a Nursery Rhyme that is fun and easily understandable.



Bibliography: The Nursery Rhyme Book edited by Andrew Lang and illustrated by L. Leslie Brooke (1897). Link to Reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts